Sunday, March 6, 2011

Interests

I feel like I should write a little about myself.

My interests include: design, art, current events, sports, politics, books, graffiti, counter-culture, sounds, music (everything from country to hip hop to reggae to electronica), philosophy, parties, beer, girls, nature, new experiences, making new friends, hanging out with old friends, stuff like that.

card
Do I have too many interests? Sometimes it’s hard for me to focus on one thing for a while. Right now I’m thinking about design, and typography; downloading some fonts that I want to use later. As I check my desktop, there are about 100 songs that I’ve been meaning to listen to, hopefully I’ll find some good ones to play out next time I DJ around town. I’ve been working on my mixes, nothing too crazy yet, but I’m almost finished with my top40/dance promo mix which should be good, so look forward to that.
I’m also interested in fashion. My pipe dream is to create a clothing company, starting with basics: T-shirts, socks, shorts, underwear, done well and affordable. The line would be marketed towards college students and young professionals.
I would say that my sense of style is informed by skate culture. My two favorite brands to wear right now are Enjoi and Girl; after that I would probably say J Crew, LRG and Polo Ralph Lauren. Kind of opposite ends of the spectrum, but they all do one thing: make you look good, and feel comfortable.
My next post will be a list of my favorite albums. Yay! For now here’s a mix (by 2 much more talented DJs than myself), and two tracks that I’ve been listening to lately. Enjoy!
SPRAWL II
NO CARS GO PIANO COVER

No comments: